Wednesday, September 7, 2011

That was a pretty beautiful holiday weekend to wind down the summer. We had family here from out of town so we enjoyed their company. 
I just finished 30 blocks I have had cut for some time to make a new scrap quilt. I sewed and sewed last night trying to finish them and I felt like I was making new fabric, silly, I know but it was just a jumble of square and rectangles. I got them all laid out tonight for a preview and here is what it looks like today.
It is showing pretty pinky/purpley but there is a lot of pink and burgundy fabric in there.  I think it looks pretty good, if you see something I could move to improve the balance, please comment.  I am just going to leave it laying out for a day and my hubby is pretty good at doing corrections so I want him to take a see.This is fabric my friend left me when she passed away from cancer 2 years ago.  It has taken me this long to be able to work with it.  I not a fan of pinks and purples so it will go to someone dealing with cancer treatments.

I am starting to see Thanksgiving and Christmas projects everywhere.  Do you do decorative items for the seasonal holidays?  I use to try and do Christmas things but never got them finished so scratched that off my list several years ago.

I am going to the gym.  I am just jumping in before I have to make a New Year's resolution that I will break.  Machine quilting those last 2 quilts within 2 weeks kinda did my left shoulder and neck in.  I decided it would probably do it good to get doing some exercises.  My gym has a great program where you pay $88 for 3 months and that includes your very qualified gym therapist and your own personalized program and use of the gym.  How much better can that get?  I have been doing pretty good considering the arthritis I have in my back and hips. I guess no pain, no gain!  If you are feeling out of shape, check out for a program similar at your gym.

All I have on the chat line tonight.  Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment, I love to hear from you.


No comments: