Saturday, July 23, 2011

I was at the end of my post so I have to continue on a new one.  I wanted to show you the little quilt I sent my friend.
I have a new partner for July but I forgot to take a picture before I sent it so I don't know if you will ever see it.

I bought my first magazine this year because it actually had 5 things I would like to make.  I started kitting up this strip quilt.  By kitting, I mean I have done the cutting, some piecing and can continue to sew at when time allows without much mess.  I learned this from Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville who travels lots and does this to sew in hotels during her travel.  I like doing this and it is amazing how much you can get done in little spurts of sewing.
Here are my blocks, a bit brighter

I think I am going to use navy sashing with a lime green cornerstone and a red circle appliqued on top.

No comments: