Sunday, September 16, 2012

UFO Update

I haven't had a post this week because I have been very busy with garden produce and quilting, but it has been a fun week.  My new UFO sofa topper has had a lot of work done.  I did some rippping of FMQ, don't you just hate doing that but it had to be.  My color of thread that looks stunning on the black, didn't show at all on the greys so I ripped out the quilting and used a navy and all is well now.
I did some pine boughs in one square and when I was done, I realized I had just done thread painting and it was fun and looks great.  I have never tried thread painting and didn't practice this but I am not going to be over confident as the next time I try to do it, it will be a big flop.  Just a lucky day!  Here is a close up of the stitching.
 
My bare tree on the right is upside down and this was one of the blocks I had to redo.  I must thank those of you that left comments and suggestions.  I used each one and I am so pleased with how it is coming together.  Leah's UFO posts are just so great and I have never before had such responsive support.  Now, I am going to see what everyone else is up to this week.

No comments: