Monday, March 7, 2011

We are still in the deep freeze but there is nothing like a fabric fix to cheer up a cold day.  Look at these beautiful fabrics I received from Marmalade Fabrics!
The first piece is by Ty Pennington  and the others are by Pat Bravo.  These are 1/2 yd pieces and I plan to make some new cushions with these prints.  I just love the fabrics that Tammy carries at Marmalade and, best of all, are her shipping prices.  As Canadians, we pay very high shipping costs and this is in no way the fault of any supplier, I love shopping at a lot of them.  For my order I received from Tammy, it was only $4.00.  Others use the priority flat envelope which is $12-$15 and this is standard.  Many Online stores use this so no matter how small your order is, you still pay the flat envelope charge.  Tammy does her shipping a little different, not using the flat envelopes and they arrive just as safe wrapped in tissue with this lovely card and ribbon, then in a zip lock bag and finally her secure shipping envelope.  So Canadians and others, take a look at Tammy's fabrics, you will surely be delighted!
I have several  UFO's on the go.  I shock myself as I never thought I would get here.  Last year I sewed and sewed with very little quilting so where else are you going to end up.  This is a small table topper I am doing some FMQ and straight line quilting on my treasured treadle.

My last project for today is to put the binding on this baby quilt that the church ladies hand quilted.  I think this one has a spring flair to it.




2 comments:

Grandma Coco said...

This is so pretty. Such lovely colours.

Spanish Moss said...

Love this quilt and thanks for the reminder about how great gingham check can be!