Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How have you all been.  I am so happy to be here today.  I have some great photos to show you.

Last weekend I went to our local Quilt Show.  It was small but what was on display was just as beautiful as any big show.  There display area wasn't real big so not easy to get every quilt shown but here are some:





The second and last pics were from a mystery quilt run by a LQS.  They were really beautiful and the applique really added a nice finish.  One of the nicest mystery patterns I have seen.  The quilt on the left side of the second picture was done as a first large quilt by a member who took part in a block exchange.  She added all kinds of small appliques and block and put every ones names in a border around each block.  I wish I had taken a better picture of it.  There was another room of smaller items which included, runners, apparel and some nice tables set for coffee and desert.  We had a great afternoon taking several tours of the displays and visiting over coffee.
If you are Canadian you have to watch hockey the past week whether you understand the game or not!  Game #7 on tomorrow night between Vancouver and Boston.  These 2 teams are so closely matched that the game could go either way, in any event, there will be 100,000 plus fans in the streets of Vancouver cheering and watching the game.  I will just say good luck to both teams and move over to a good baseball game.

I hope life is improving for all of you who have suffered from the flooding, fires, tornadoes that have been happening in many parts of the world.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and are able to celebrate Father's Day with your favorite Dad.

No comments: